Train the Trainer
This Train the Trainer program targets people who want to be trainers in the safe use of chainsaws. This five-day program is an intense period of training that focuses on leadership and training techniques and skills. The following information outlines the content of this training program, as well as provides course content for the three domains of instruction.
Participants must be pre-qualified as competent and experienced chainsaw operators with considerable tree felling experience. A registration form must be filled out. Participant Competency Testing
Each participant will be required to pass a competency evaluation that demonstrates competency in the following domains: chainsaw safety and cutting techniques; technical tree cutting and felling; and hazard and danger cutting and felling.
Each participant will receive the following:
- Train the Trainer Workbook
- Chainsaw Safety & Cutting Techniques workbook
- Technical Tree Cutting & Felling workbook
- Hazard and Danger Cutting & Felling workbook
- Chainsaw Safety & Cutting Techniques Instructor Manual and Teaching Templates which includes a course curriculum, an instructor equipment list, a teaching timeline for all course components, an introduction checklist, and a detailed module content breakdown
- Attendees will be assessed as competent technicians in the following three disciplines: Chainsaw Safety & Cutting Techniques; Technical Tree Cutting & Felling; and Hazard and Danger Cutting & Felling. If attendees successfully complete the competency assessment, he/she will receive a qualification in each discipline from NATS, which is valid for three years.
Location:Hume Lake, 64144 Hume Lake Road, Hume CA 93628
Date:December 7-12, 2019
Course Times:Each day will begin early and all evenings will include session time. Please be prepared to focus all week on the training program. There will not be time to leave the camp/resort for any other activities during the week.
Cost: $1895 per attendee. Cost includes 5 nights’ accommodations, all meals and refreshment breaks, use of facilities, as well as all course materials, instructor resources, and certification packages. Participants need to make their own travel arrangements to arrive at the camp facility.
CEUs:International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborists, Utility Specialists, Municipal Specialists, and Tree Workers will be eligible to receive CEUs for the two-day course