Learn from NATS Master Instructors of empowering education techniques in this 5-day, transformational, hands-on immersive experience. You will be inspired to think differently, understand the “why” (understanding the “why” is one of the most empowering ways to approach education), and break down personal barriers to unleash the educator within you to rise to your ultimate potential.
Participants must provide validated documentation showing 5 years of applicable work experience and be pre-qualified as competent and experienced climbers or aerial lift operators. The attached registration form must be filled out.
Participant Competency Testing:
Each participant will be required to complete an OSHA-validated competency assessment in the following disciplines:
- Basic Personal Protective (PPE) Inspection Safety and Use
- Fall Protection PPE Inspection Safety and Use
- Job Briefing Job-site Safety and Emergency Action Planning
- Technical Tree Climbing Moving Rope Systems
- Technical Tree Climbing Stationary Rope Systems
- Technical Tree Climbing Spar and Pole Climbing
- Empower the Educator Peer-to-Peer Teach Back*
Upon successful completion, each of the above topics will result in a Certificate of Qualification, good for up to 3 years (36 months) from the date of issue. If a participant does not successfully complete the competency assessment, they will receive a Certificate of Completion, good for 1 year (12 months), and have the opportunity to be reassessed within 12 months of the course date.
* Successful completion of the Peer-to-Peer Teach Backs will result in a Certificate of Completion due to only part of a course being observed and evaluated during the teach back not an entire course.
Registration Deadline: Early registration ends on August 23rd; late registration runs August 24th-30th; course registration closes August 30th.
Location: Lee Memorial Forest, 21139 Lee Memorial Dr, Franklinton LA 70438
Date: September 13-18, 2020
Course Times: Each day will begin early and all evenings will include session time. Please be prepared to focus all week on the training program. There will not be time to leave the camp/resort for any other activities during the week.
Cost: $2,495 Early Registration (through 8/23/20); $2,695 Late Registration (8/24/20-8/30/20); course registration closes on 8/30/20. Cost includes 5 nights’ accommodations, all meals and refreshment breaks, use of facilities, as well as all course materials, instructor resources and certificate package. Participants need to make their own travel arrangements to arrive at the facility.
CEUs: ISA Certified Arborists and TCIA CTSPs will be eligible to receive Continuing Education Units (CEU’s).