Technical Tree Climbing MRS/SRS
This course will provide participants with training in the use of specialized equipment and techniques employed in Moving Rope Systems (MRS) and Stationary Rope Systems (SRS). Safe work procedures for popular technical work at height systems are demonstrated and practiced. Attendees will gain an understanding of the advantages and limitations of MRS and SRS while maintaining and following safe work practices and legislation pertaining to fall protection. Participants will be educated in applicable forces on anchor points, re-directs and tie-off methods for tree climbing systems. This hands-on course provides an opportunity to practice techniques learned during the instruction and field demonstration. The course is limited to 24 registrants.
Specific Topics Include:
- Safety and Risk Assessment
- Personal Protective Apparel and Equipment
- Ropes, Lanyards, Tails, Slings, Splices and Stitches
- Identifying, Establishing and Securing Anchorages
- Throwline Application, Techniques and Rope Installation
- Tree Climbing Work Practices
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Date: December 7, 2019
Course Times: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Cost: $250 one-day hands-on course; meals are not provided.
CEUs:ISA and TCIA credits will be available.