Qualified Line Clearance Arborist (QLCA) – Utility Sector Training
Utility arboriculture and vegetation management is the largest sector of the arboriculture industry and requires specialty skills to safely perform job tasks in proximity to electrical conductors and hardware. This 5-day course provides a hands-on training experience to empower workers to perform their job duties to the highest of their abilities.
Core competencies include:
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Job briefings, worker safety and worksite set-up
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Electrical Hazard Awareness Training
- Emergency preparedness and readiness
- Traffic controls
- Fire protection
- Vehicle driving safety and towed equipment
- Brush chipper operation and safety
- Chainsaw safety and technical tree cutting and felling
- Arborist rigging for utility operations
- Aerial lift safety operation and fall protection
- Insulated Tool: Use, Inspection, Testing, Maintenance and Retirement Criteria
Location: 30 Travis Avenue, Binghamton, NY 13904
Date: September 16-20, 2019
Course Times: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm daily with some evenings including session time
Cost: $1,500 per attendee; meals are not provided. Participants are required to make their own travel arrangements.
CEUs: International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborists, Utility Specialists, Municipal Specialists, and Tree Workers will be eligible to receive CEUs.