Our OSHA 10-Hour General Industry course is a two-day, 10-hour LIVE video conferencing training program held over the course of two weeks. Specifically geared towards arboricultural and green industry workers, the course provides “awareness level” training and is intended to increase awareness of certain factors that contribute to safety risks and injuries among industry personnel. A focus on general industry safety and health hazards a worker may encounter on a work site are also discussed, as is an emphasis on hazard identification, avoidance, control, and prevention. Additionally, the course provides information on employee rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint.
Following is a list of topics covered during the course:
- Introduction to OSHA (1 hour)
- Walking and Working Surfaces (1 hour)
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans and Fire Protection (1 hour)
- Electrical Safety (1 hour)
- Personal Protective Equipment (1 hour)
- Hazard Communication (1 hour)
- Bloodborne Pathogens (1 hour)
- Ergonomics (1 hour)
- Safety and Health Program (1 hour)
- Fall Protection (1 hour)
Who Should Attend
This program provides arboricultural and green industry workers with awareness of common safety and health hazards on the job site, and is intended for entry-level workers.
What You’ll Need:
- Internet connection
- A computer with audio and video capabilities
- Audio headphones (Bluetooth headphones are discouraged due to connectivity issues)
- Quiet learning environment
- Pen and notebook
Date: October 20 and October 27, 2020
Course Times: 10:00am – 5:00pm EST on scheduled course dates; includes a one-hour lunch break
Cost: $195 (course registration closes on 10/19/20)
Deliverables: Recipients will receive an OSHA 10-Hour card recognized by OSHA and the US Department of Labor (https://www.osha.gov/training/outreach/card-hierarchy), along with a NATS-issued Certificate of Completion.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.