Are you interested in joining an elite team of Safety Professionals who are passionate about safety and even more passionate about improving the performance of the arboriculture trade? Are you responsible for supervising or auditing crews performing line clearance arboricultural operations including pruning, tree removal, equipment operations, and other types of vegetation management? Then this course is for you!
Utility arboriculture and vegetation management is the largest sector of the arboriculture industry and requires specialty skills and protocols to safely perform job tasks in proximity to electrical conductors, hardware, and equipment.
NATS is the only nationally recognized training organization utilizing OSHA-Authorized trainers to train, mentor, and educate consulting utility foresters and supervisors in the specific skills needed to adequately provide safety quality assurance and safety resilience for field / craft workers performing line clearance operations.
Following is a list of topics covered during the course; actual topic times may vary based on participant discussion and engagement: (40 total contact hours)
- (2hrs) Leadership Skills
- (2hrs) Personal and Professional Resilience
- (2hrs) Communication Skills
- (2hrs) Team Coherence Skills
- (1hr) Introduction to OSHA
- (2hrs) Managing Safety and Health
- (2hrs) Walking and Working Surfaces, including Fall Protection (1910 Subpart D)
- (3hrs) Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection (1910 Subpart E and Subpart L)
- (4hrs) Electrical Hazards (Full EHAT) (1910. Subpart S, and 1910.269 and ANSI Z133)
- (2hrs) Personal Protective Equipment (1910. Subpart I, and ANSI Z133)
- (3hrs) Material Handling / Rigging (1910 Subpart N)
- (1hrs) Hazard Communication (Haz Com) (1910.1200)
- (1.5hrs) Bloodborne Pathogens (1910.1030)
- (1.5hrs) Ergonomics (OSHA 5(1)(a)(b) and 5(2)
- (1hr) Machine Guarding & Brush Chipper Operation (1910 Subpart O and 1910.269 and ANSI Z133)
- (1hr) Chainsaw Safety and Cutting Techniques (1910.266, 1910.269, ANSI Z133
- (1hr) Lock Out/Tag Out (OSHA 1910. Subpart J)
- (1hr) Hand and Portable Power Tools (1910 Subpart P and 1910.266 & 1910.269 and ANSI Z133)
- (1hr) Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- (2hrs) Fall Protection (OSHA 1910.140, 1910.269, ANSI Z133)
- (2hrs) Safety and Health Programs
- (1hr) Job Site Safety/Job Briefings (1910.269 & ANSI Z133)
- (1hr) Tree Risk Assessment (ANSI A300 Part 9)
This course meets the requirements as specified by OSHA Directorate of Training and Education (DTE) 2019 as well as ANSI / ASSE Z490.1 Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training.
Upon successful completion of this class, all attendees will receive a U.S. Department of Labor OSHA General Industry 30-Hour card. Attendees who complete the course will also receive a NATS-issued Electrical Hazard Awareness Training (EHAT) Certificate of Completion (valid for 12 months) and NATS certificates of completion for the course. These credentials provide special emphasis for safety professionals working in utility arboriculture utility forestry, vegetation management, residential commercial arboriculture, forestry, or other aspects of tree work and tree care operations. Industry leading instruction and facilitation on OSHA requirements, as well as the requirements of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z133 Safety Requirements for Arboricultural Operations, are covered in this course.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who have a primary role in safety and who are looking to improve their subject matter expertise as a safety professional. This 40-hour industry leading course focuses on safety professionals working in utility arboriculture, utility forestry, vegetation management, residential commercial arboriculture, forestry, or other aspects of tree work performing tree removal, woody debris management, land clearing and other tree care operations.
What You’ll Need:
- Internet connection
- A computer with audio and video capabilities
- Audio headphones (Bluetooth headphones are discouraged due to connectivity issues)
- Quiet learning environment
- Pen and notebook
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.