North American Training Solutions is in the business of providing superior green industry related training and education. Since 2005, Innovation, quality, flexibility and customer satisfaction are the cornerstones of our business. We continually develop and adapt our programs to meet client needs.
Features and Benefits of NATS Training
North American Training Solutions provides specialized, simple solutions, for training across the United States and the world.
Our customers normally come to us with specific needs such as:
- Little time to invest in training
- Limited budgets
- Due diligence & risk management requirements
- Require specialized training that covers specific areas of concern
- Competency testing and skills qualification
Our training provides solutions to these concerns by providing:
- World’s largest team of certified, expert instructors, which means that we bring experience and expertise to your organization to ensure you have the best instructors possible. These instructors have been qualified and tested to ensure that you are getting the best training value for your dollar.
- Customized curriculum for your training needs, which ensures that your staff receives only the training they need in the areas where they need it most – saving your organization valuable time and money.
- Hand’s on training allows the participants to practice the skills they are learning. The learning environment is real, engaging, and easy to learn in!
- On-site training at your location saves travel, food and lodging costs for each attendee.
- One day to multi day options are designed and delivered. This allows your training to fit within your budget and your staff to receive post-secondary quality education and real life training without the inconvenience and cost of going back to school.
- Skills testing and certification documents and third party assesses that your staff have demonstrated the ability to perform high risk tasks safely. This is important to fully comply with all aspects of due diligence regarding high risk work activities.
Instructors & Assistants
North American Training Solutions draws from a pool of almost 30 reputable and experienced instructors across North America, with a combined 460 years of experience as professional arborists and instructors. Their experience spans across segments of industry including college instructors, high school instructors, private business owners, municipal staff, and previous military personnel. Meet the Team
Instructor Training & Certification
Every instructor attends Instructor Intensive Training each year. In addition, instructors are certified through a rigorous testing program involving not only the skills discipline they are specializing in, but also as a presenter, educator and instructor, instructor to adult learners. This training and testing regime has been specifically designed and facilitated by two reputable training companies for the purposes of cross-certifying instructors and maintaining an on-going review process by experts around North America.
In addition to expecting excellence in arboriculture skills to be paramount in our instructors, we also seek and attract instructors who are dynamic, socially interactive and leaders within their industries and communities. Instructors are given on-going opportunities for learning and are required to continue their learning through various training programs, within our organization, as well as through other companies. We expect our instructors to model the very best in the industry, both in skills, as well as in integrity and business ethics.
North American Training Solutions provides quality hand’s on training for the following expanding list of industries:
- Governmental, Security, Military
- Municipal, Commercial and Utility Arborists
- Golf Course Personnel
- Horticulture, Landscaping, Nurseries, Forestry & Parks Technicians
- Right of way and ROW Construction
- Construction Contractors
- Firefighters/EMT/Search and Rescue Teams
- Logging/Clearing and Sawmill Personnel
- Physical Plant Operations
- College & Technical School labs
- University, College, Campus and School Board Grounds Management
- Cemetery Grounds Management
Training programs available cover a wide range of specialized skills areas and average between 1 to 3 days in length:
- Train the Trainer
- Chainsaw Safety & Cutting Techniques
- Tree Hazard Assessment & Tree Worker Risk Assessment
- Basic Splicing
- Tree Pruning & Structural Support (Cabling & Bracing)
- Tree Planting Methods
- Tree Disease and Insect Identification & Management
- Tree Identification
- Tree Climbing, Fall Protection, Work Positioning
- Rope Access
- Arborist Rigging (spar pole and advanced)
- Emergency Readiness & High Angle Rescue
- Aerial Lift Operations
- Crane Operations
- Technical Tree Felling
- Specialized Hazard/Danger Tree Felling & Cutting
All students receive Certificates of Completion as well as wallet cards showing their current level of training.
Competency Testing is available, after which successful participants will receive a Certificate of Competency, Certification wallet cards, Certification stickers and badges for each discipline tested. This is documentation for employers and employees of an individuals’ competence in a skills discipline. This certification results in a Certified Arboriculture Technician or Certified Technician in specific skills disciplines. Each test is conducted in the field, where skills are demonstrated through a combination of hand’s on demonstration, as well as knowledge competency. Supervisors and company owners can request to view a testing format for a particular discipline to gain a better understanding of our testing process.